Evaluating the Financial Performance by Considering the Effect of External Factors on Organization Cash Flow
Financial performance is the measure of an organization's productivity and effectiveness. It is used as an indicator of an organization's ability to use available resources in generating returns and profits for its stakeholders. Determinants of financial performance include employee productivity, leadership in the organization and resource use. An organization's financial performance defines its continuity. Stability in an organization is dependent on its financial accounting and management. In the world today, an organization's corporate success is influenced by factors that are often out of its control. The external environment of an organization entails a variety of factors whose existence influences its performance and behaviors. The action of these factors directly or indirectly affects organizations. Organizations have to conform to these external factors for their survival. Organizations are environment-dependent and environment serving. An organization is impacted by the environment in which they operate and its success is solely dependent on its ability to adapt to its environment. Changes in external environment factors have a significant impact on the organization's survival and success. The purpose of this research was to assess the effect of external factors on an organization's cash flow. The aim of the study was to obtain data on these external factors and analyze them with the view of finding out their relationship with financial performance of organizations. Linear regression analysis was to find the correlation between the external factors and organization's financial performance. (original abstract)
- Adebisi, S. A., Adeku, O. S., & Oyedele, A. A. (2018). System theory and effective performance in a changing environment. Unilag Journal of Humanities, 6(1), 77-99.
- Alexiev, A. S., Volberda, H. W., & Van den Bosch, F. A. (2016). Interorganizational collaboration and firm innovativeness: Unpacking the role of the organizational environment. Journal of Business Research, 69(2), 974-984.
- Ali, A. A. (2016). Harnessing alignment concept, its level, elements and factors. Journal of Economic & Management Perspectives, 10(4), 500-511.
- Anatan, L. (2017). Examining the effect of business environment on competitive priority choice: A study of manufacturing firms in Indonesia. KINERJA Journal of Business and Economics, 11(1), 1-14.
- Azar, G., & Ciabuschi, F. (2017). Organizational innovation, technological innovation, and export performance: The effects of innovation radicalness and extensiveness. International Business Review, 26(2), 324-336.
- Bhandari, M., & Bhandari, S. (2017). Impact of business environment on the performance of Nepalese business organization. Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 6, 54.
- Carter, M., & Tamayo, A. M. (2017, March). Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial skills of managers as determinant of organizational performance of small and medium enterprises in Davao region, Phillipines. SSRN Working Paper. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2927916
- Chung, H. F., Wang, C. L., Huang, P. H., & Yang, Z. (2016). Organizational capabilities and business performance: When and how does the dark side of managerial ties matter? Industrial Marketing Management, 55, 70-82.
- Foster, P. A. (2016). The open organization: A new era of leadership and organizational development. Routledge.
- Goldstein, B. A., Phelan, M., Pagidipati, N. J., Holman, R. R., Pencina, M. J., & Stuart, E. A. (2019). An outcome model approach to transporting a randomized controlled trial results to a target population. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 26(5), 429-437.
- Hitt, M. A., Xu, K., & Carnes, C. M. (2016). Resourcebased theory in operations management research. Journal of Operations Management, 41, 77-94.
- Ibrahim, E. B., & Harrison, T. (2020). The impact of internal, external, and competitor factors on marketing strategy performance. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 28(7), 639-658.
- Kahneman, D., & Henik, A. (2017). Perceptual organization and attention. In Perceptual organization (pp. 181-211). Routledge.
- Kim, K., Watkins, K. E., & Lu, Z. (2017). The impact of a learning organization on performance: Focusing on knowledge performance and financial performance. European Journal of Training and Development, 41(2), 177-193.
- Kribikova, P. (2016). Organizational structure and performance. Aktual'niProblemyEkonomiky = Actual Problems in Economics, (175), 109.
- Liao, Z. (2018). Corporate culture, environmental innovation and financial performance. Business Strategy and the Environment, 27(8), 1368-1375.
- Lok, J., & Willmott, H. (2019). Embedded Agency in Institutional Theory: Problem or Paradox?. Academy of Management Review, 44(2), 470-473.
- Namada, J. M. (2018). Organizational learning and competitive advantage. In: Silva, A. B., Ribeiro, F., Jamil, G. L., Rascão, J. P., & Mealha, O (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Knowledge Management for Contemporary Business Environments (pp. 86-104). IGI Global.
- Opoku, A., Ahmed, V., & Akotia, J. (2016). Choosing an appropriate research methodology and method. In: Ahmed, V., Opoku, A., & Aziz, Z. (Eds.) Research Methodology in the Built Environment (pp. 52-70). Routledge.
- Ortiz-de-Mandojana, N., & Bansal, P. (2016). The long-term benefits of organizational resilience through sustainable business practices. Strategic Management Journal, 37(8), 1615-1631.
- Pereira-Moliner, J., Pertusa-Ortega, E. M., Tarí, J. J., López-Gamero, M. D., & Molina-Azorin, J. F. (2016). Organizational design, quality management and competitive advantage in hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28(4), 762-784.
- Quinlan, C., Babin, B., Carr, J., & Griffin, M. (2019). Business research methods. South-Western Cengage.
- Scott, P. (2019). General system theory and the use of process mining to improve care pathways. Applied Interdisciplinary Theory in Health Informatics: A Knowledge Base for Practitioners, 263, 11.
- Seidl, D., &Schoeneborn, D. (2016). System theory. The International Encyclopedia of Communication Theory and Philosophy, 1-11.
- Shin, D., & Konrad, A. M. (2017). Causality between high-performance work systems and organizational performance. Journal of Management, 43(4), 973-997.
- Song, J., Sun, Y., Jin, L. (2017). PESTEL analysis of the development of the waste-to-energy incineration industry in China. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 80, 276-289.
- Way, S. A., Wright, P. M., Tracey, J. B., &Isnard, J. F. (2018). HR flexibility: Precursors and the contingent impact on firm financial performance. Human Resource Management, 57(2), 567-582.
- Yeo, B., & Grant, D. (2019). Exploring the factors affecting global manufacturing performance. Information Technology for Development, 25(1), 92-121.
- Zahra, S. A. (1993). Environment, corporate entrepreneurship, and financial performance: A taxonomic approach. Journal of business venturing, 8(4), 319-340.
- Zhao, E. Y., Fisher, G., Lounsbury, M., & Miller, D. (2017). Optimal distinctiveness: Broadening the interface between institutional theory and strategic management. Strategic Management Journal, 38(1), 93-113.
- Zink, J. (2017). Management theory and organizational communication. Organizational Communication [Online coursebook]. https://jgzink.pressbooks.com/