Trust in Technology in Case of Humanoids Used for The Care for The Senior Persons
The dynamics of demographic changes manifested in the processes of an ageing population affect Poland. In response to the situation, gerontechnology is emerging as an interdisciplinary field of scientific research in which technology is directed towards the aspirations and opportunities of the older persons. One of the examples of technologies that will be able to support the ageing population in the future are humanoids, that is, robots resembling a human being and equipped with artificial intelligence. The purpose of this article was to examine relationships between trust in the use of humanoids to care for the older people, the usefulness of technology, the ease of use, perceived threats, general trust and trust in science and technology. A survey method was used to collect data for research. The electronic questionnaire survey was disseminated among members of the Polish society. 643 filled questionnaires were received. (original abstract)
- Beard, J.R., S. Biggs, D. E. Bloom, L.P. Fried, P. Hogan, A. Kalache, S. Jay Olshansky (2011). Global Population Ageing: Peril or Promise? Geneva: World Economic Forum.
- Belanger, F. And Carter, L. (2008). Trust and risk in e-government adoption. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 17(2), pp. 165-176.
- Blaschke, Ch. M., Freddolino, P.P. and Mullen, E. E. (2009). Ageing and technology: a review of the research literature. The British Journal of Social Work, 39(4), pp. 641-656.
- Demographic Surveys and Labour Market Department (2014). Population Projection 2014-2050, Warsaw: CSO.
- Ejdys, J. (2015). Innovativeness of residential care services in Poland in the context of strategic orientation. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 213, pp. 746-752.
- Graafmans, J., Taipale, V. And Charness, N. (1998). Gerontechnology: a sustainable investment in our future. Amsterdam, IOS Press.
- Halicka, K. (2017). Main Concepts of Technology Analysis in the Light of the Literature on the Subject. Procedia Engineering, 182, pp. 291-298
- Harrington, T.L., Harrington M.K. (2000). Gerontechnology. Why and How, Eidhoven: Herman Bauman Foundation for Gerontechnology.
- HSBC (2017).Trust in Technology.
- Klein, R. (2007). Internet based patient physician electronic communication applications: patient acceptance and trust. E-Service Journal, 5(2), pp. 27-51.
- Lippert, S. K., and Swiercz, M. P. (2005). Human resource information systems (HRIS) and technology trust. Journal of Information Science, 31(5), pp. 340-353.
- Lippert, S.K. (2001). An Exploratory Study Into The Relevance of Trust in the Context of Information Systems Technology. Doctoral Dissertation, Washington: The George Washington University.
- Magruk, A. (2017). Concept of uncertainty in relation to the foresight research. Engineering Management in Production and Services, 9(1), pp. 46-55.
- Muir, B.M. (1987). Trust between humans and machines, and the design of decision aids. International Journal Man-Machine Studies, 27(5-6), pp. 527-539.
- Nazarko, J., Ejdys, J., Halicka, K., Magruk, M., Nazarko, Ł., Skorek, A. (2017). Factor Analysis as a Tool Supporting STEEPVL Approach to the Identification of Driving Forces of Technological Innovation. Procedia Engineering, 182, pp. 491-496.
- Nazarko, Ł. (2016). Responsible Research and Innovation - A New Paradigm of Technology Management, 9th International Scientific Conference "Business and Management 2016", 12-13 May 2016, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Nazarko, Ł. (2017), Future-Oriented Technology Assessment, Procedia Engineering, 182, pp. 504-509.
- Pavlou, P.A., Gefen, D. (2004). Building effective online marketplaces with institution-based trust. Information Systems Research, 15 (1), pp. 37-59.
- Radziszewski, P., Nazarko, J., Vilutiene, T., Dębkowska, K., Ejdys, J., Gudanowska, A., Halicka, K., Kilon, J., Kononiuk, A., Kowalski, K. J., Król, J B., Nazarko, Ł., Sarnowski, M. (2016). Future trends in road pavement technologies development in the context of environmental protection. The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering, 11(2), pp. 160-168.
- Siderska, J. (2018). Cloud manufacturing: a service-oriented manufacturing paradigm. A review paper. Engineering Management in Production and Services, 10(1), pp. 22-32.
- United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division (2015). World Population Ageing 2015 (ST/ESA/SER.A/390).
- Wasiluk, A. (2016). Trust and areas of cooperation between companies and institutions of science. Conference: 21st International Scientific Conference on Smart and Efficient Economy - Preparation for the Future Innovative Economy Brno: Brno University of Technology, pp. 629- 636.
- World Values Survey. Available at: http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/wvs.jsp [Accessed 8 May 2018].