Improvement of Grinding Technology With Vortex Cooling of Steels That are Liable to Crack Propagation
Complexity of grinding process and phenomena entailing it not always allow reaching required technological results, especially while machining surfaces of parts made of tough-to-machine steels, which are liable to crack propagation. Cracks can occur in these parts during grinding due to considerable temperature difference along the section, which can cause formation of high temporary internal tensile stress. Application of cooled air in grinding process exerts considerable influence over temperature decrease in cutting area. In addition, it depends not only on heat exchange, but also on properties of cold air flow. The greatest effect of temperature decrease can be reached by injection of cold air flow in cutting area with implementation of vortex effect, which occurs in swirl flow of compressed air originating in vortex tube. The study of heat generation during machining by tools with discontinuous cutting surface and vortex air cooling was carried out. Obtained thermophysical parameters of vortex air cooling (increase in speed of stream flowing, expansion degree, share of cold stream and decrease in humidity of air stream) allow reducing heat density due to growth of cooling effect in grinding zone. On the base of experimental studies we developed recommendations for choice of optimal grinding modes by tool with discontinuous cutting surface and vortex air cooling of flat parts made of steels being liable to cracking. (original abstract)
- Gajdzik, B. (2008). Concentration on knowledge and change management at metallurgical company. Metalurgija 47(2) pp. 142-144.
- Gajdzik, B, Sitko, J. (2014). An analysis of the causes of complaints about steel sheets in metallurgical product quality management systems. Metalurgija. 53(1) pp. 135-138.
- Piątkowski, J, Gajdzik, B. (2013). Testing phase changes in Al-Si alloys with application of thermal analysis and differential calorimetric analysis. Metalurgija (52)4, pp. 469-472
- Szczucka-Lasota, B. Gajdzik, B., Węgrzyn T., Wszołek, Ł. (2017). Steel Weld Metal Deposit Measured Properties after Immediate Micro-Jet Cooling. Metals, 7(9), 339; https://doi.org/10.3390/met7090339
- Ivanova, T.N., Dolganov, A.M. (2-07). The modern snap in technology of diamond face grinding of flat surfaces. Monograph. Izhevsk: Institute of Economics UrB RAS Publ, pp. 387.
- Patentforinvention, 2307729/МПKB24D 7/10, B24B 55/02 Grinding tool with vortex cooling/Dolganov A.M., Ivanova T.N./Russia/2005140684/02 decl. 26.12.2005 publ.10.10.2007. Bul. № 28.
- Tyuhta, A.V., Vasilenko, Y.V. and Kozlov A.M., Ways to Enhance Environmental Flat Grinding by Improving the Technology of the Coolant Supply. Procedia Engineering, 150(2016), pp. 1073-1080.
- Usov, A.V. (2015). Research of reasons of formation of cracks at polishing of materials and alloys, apt to this type of defects. Technologes of informations are in education, science and production, 3(8) pp. 117-133.
- Zakharov, O.V., Khudobin, L.V., Vetkasov, N.I., Sklyarov I.A. and Kochetkov A.V. (2016). Abrasive-Jet Machining of Large Hollow Components. Russian Engineering Research, 36(6), pp. 469-471.