Information Processing as a Determinant of Effective Management
Purpose: The aim of this article is to present the process of information processing as an element correlated with effective management. The authors have already quoted the information hierarchy in their own published papers a few times. This paper is a kind of systematization of knowledge concerning the process of information processing in terms of making strategic decisions and resources management. Design/methodology/approach: In the paper the critical analysis of literature was carried out and the theoretical basis concerning the information hierarchy and the OODA loop was presented. The field of this paper concerns information processing in the context of management and decision supporting. Findings: In each of the discussed literature references, the authors identified information hierarchy along with OODA loop. It allowed us to achieve the aim which was defined earlier, namely, to show information processing as an element correlated with effective management. Research limitations/implications: In the paper a few examples were analysed. Therefore, the next step in the future research should be to focus at the review of a bigger amount of them. Originality/value: The paper shows that the information hierarchy could be used unconsciously in decision process. The authors showed how to detect the information hierarchy in a management process. The paper should be read by persons whose research interests are focused on the decision support by the information and communication technologies. (original abstract)
- 1. Adamczewski, P. (2016). Z badań nad stanem informatyzacji polskiego sektora MSP w warunkach transformacji cyfrowej. Studia Informatica Pomerania, Vol. 4(42), pp. 5-14. DOI: 10.18276/si.2016.42-01.
- 2. Ball, L. (2009). Cholera and the Pump on Broad Street: The Life and Legacy of John Snow. The History Teacher, Vol. 43(1), pp. 105-119.
- 3. Brehmer, B. (2005). The Dynamic OODA Loop: Amalgamating Boyd's OODA Loop and the Cybernetic Approach to Command and Control. 10th International Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium: The Future of C2. McLean, VA, USA.
- 4. Dudczyk, J., Przanowski, J. (2017). Application of the Modular Integrator for Soldier's C4I System Management on the Battlefield. Problems of Mechatronics. Armament, Aviation, Safety Engineering, Vol. 2(28), pp. 9-18. DOI: 10.5604/01.3001.0010.1567.
- 5. Dudczyk, J., Rybak, Ł. (2018). Adaptive Decision Support System in Network Centric Warfare Process. Elektronika (konstrukcje, technologie, zastosowanie), Vol. 7, pp. 39-42, ISSN: 0033-2089, DOI: 10.15199/13.2018.7.10.
- 6. European Statistical Office (2018). Digital economy and society statistics - households and individuals. Eurostat regional yearbook 2018, pp. 127-138, DOI: 10.2785/231975.
- 7. Gilbert, E.W. (1958). Pioneer Maps of Health and Disease in England. The Geographical Journal, Vol. 124(2), pp. 172-183, DOI: 10.2307/1790244
- 8. Goncalves, A., Zacarias, M., Sousa, P. (2009). Alignment IT to business using OODA loop. Conference on ENTERprise Information Systems. Ofir, Portugal.
- 9. Rybak, Ł., Dudczyk, J. (2019). Increasing the information superiority on the modern battlefield through the use of virtual reality systems. Security and Defence Quarterly, 27 March, eISSN: 2544-994X.
- 10. Rybak, Ł., Dudczyk, J., Jezierski, Z. (2018). The IT sector as an important element of critical infrastructure. Infrastruktura krytyczna w systemie bezpieczeństwa państwa i społeczeństwa. Oficyna Wydawnicza PWSZ w Nysie, pp. 123-134, ISBN: 978-83-65881-05-2.
- 11. Susanto, H., Chin Kang, Ch., Leu, F. (2016). Revealing the role of ICT for business core redesign. Information Systems & Economics eJournal.