Management analysis of the Indonesian National Lawn Bowls Team at the 2018 Asian Para Games
The purpose of this study was to investigate the management of Lawn Bowls Indonesia's national team. This research is a qualitative and descriptive study. Data collection techniques using observation, interviews, and document analysis. The data validity technique uses two triangulation techniques, namely data triangulation and method triangulation. Data analysis was carried out in four stages namely: data collection stage, data reduction stage, data presentation stage, conclusion drawing stage. The results showed that the management role of Lawn Bowls was already good. This has been proven in the application of the four main functions in management including Planning, Organizing, Directing, Controlling. The condition of the infrastructure owned by Lanw Bowls Indonesia is good even though the field does not meet the standards. Lawn Bowls Indonesia coaches have done a good job as a trainer. Lawn Bowls Indonesia coaches also prioritize discipline towards athletes or players. Aside from being a motivator for athletes to always be diligent in practicing, maintaining body condition and stamina as well as the drive to continue to excel. The source of coaching funds is still supported by the Ministry of Youth and Sports through the Indonesian National Paralympic Committee (NPC). The nutrition law for Indonesian bowls has been fulfilled. This is because the athlete's diet has been prepared and controlled directly by Lawn Bowls Indonesia's management. Meeting energy needs through carbohydrate consumption, through protein consumption and through fat consumption. Lawn Bowls Indonesia's Achievements In the event, the Lawn Bowls sports branch won 15 medals consisting of 5 gold, 4 silver, 6 bronze. It has been proven that Lawn Bowls Indonesia is ranked 2nd in the 2018 Asian Paragames event in Jakarta.(original abstract)
- Andrew, D. P. S., Pedersen, P. M., & McEvoy, C. D. (2011). Research Methods and Design in Sport Management. In Research Methods and Design in Sport Management. https://doi.org/10.5040/9781492596417
- Chelladurai, P. (2013). A personal journey in theorizing in sport management. In Sport Management Review. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smr.2011.12.003
- Colorafi, K. J., & Evans, B. (2016). Qualitative Descriptive Methods in Health Science Research. Health Environments Research and Design Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/1937586715614171
- Court, I., Tribunals, D., Drayer, J., Stewart, B., & Adair, D. (2011). Sport Management Review. Sport Management Review. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smr.2011.08.003
- Dowling, M., Edwards, J., & Washington, M. (2014). Understanding the concept of professionalisation in sport management research. In Sport Management Review. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smr.2014.02.003
- Hendri, T., & Supriyono. (2019). Employment Development Survey of NPC Swimming Atlets in Surakarta 2018. Journal of Physical Education, Sport, Health and Recreations.
- Herlian, E., Pitana, T. S., & Daryanto, T. J. (2017). Pusat Pelatihan Nasional Atlet Paralimpik Dengan Penekanan Aksesbilitas Arsitektur di Karanganyar. Arsitektura. https://doi.org/10.20961/arst.v14i2.9058
- Huberman, A., & Miles, M. (2012). Understanding and Validity in Qualitative Research. In The Qualitative Researcher's Companion. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781412986274.n2
- Kardiyanto, D. W. (2017). The Evaluation of Indonesia Paralympic Coaching. European Journal of Special Needs Education. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.891047
- Lexy J. Moleong, D. M. A. (2019). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif (Edisi Revisi). PT. Remaja Rosda Karya. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2013.02.055
- Minikin, B. (2012). Sports management, principles and applications. European Sport Management Quarterly. https://doi.org/10.1080/16184742.2012.684590
- Misener, L., & Darcy, S. (2014). Managing disability sport: From athletes with disabilities to inclusive organisational perspectives. In Sport Management Review. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.smr.2013.12.003
- Moleong, L. J. (2017). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif (Edisi Revisi). In PT. Remaja Rosda Karya.
- Nassaji, H. (2015). Qualitative and descriptive research: Data type versus data analysis. In Language Teaching Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/1362168815572747
- Piekarz, M. (2013). Sport Management: Principles and Applications. Managing Leisure. https://doi.org/10.1080/13606719.2013.767966
- Sayers, M. G. L. (2019). The influence of bowling velocity on movement variability in experienced older aged lawn bowlers. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2019.04.005
- Sayers, M. G. L., Tweddle, A. L., & Morris, J. (2015). Balance control during the delivery stride in competitive older age lawn bowlers. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. https://doi.org/10.1123/JAPA.2013-0060
- Silk, A. J., Hammond, J., & Weatherby, R. P. (2006). "Resting toucher": A time and motion analysis of elite lawn bowls. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. Sugiyono. (2016). Memahami Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Symonds, M., & Tapps, T. (2019). Sport Management. In Coaching for Sports Performance. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429299360-12
- Wijayanti, Dwi Gansar Santi, Soegiyanto, N. (2016). Pembinaan Olahraga Untuk Penyandang Disabilitas Di National Paralympic Committee Salatiga. Journal of Physical Education and Sport.
- Zou, Y. (2013). English newspaper and sport: The South China morning post 's Lawn bowls reporting in British Colonial Hong Kong. International Journal of the History of Sport. https://doi.org/10.1080/09523367.2012.755348