Regional Differentiation for Life Quality of the Population in Ukraine Under Innovative Growth
The article focuses on the analysis of economic growth of Ukraine and its regions, using the proposed by the authors indicators of quality and indicators of the population living standards under innovation growth. The main purpose of the research is developing a method of multi-factor assessment and regional classification of population`s life quality. Moving to the results literature review showed that many approaches to assessing the quality of life of the population have been developed in the statistical theory and practice. However, still, there are many discussions about the question of a single aggregate indicator of living standards and the methodology of regional differentiation by this criterion. So, it has not been found a rational way to combine indicators of the level and quality of life to obtain a comprehensive index that reflects objectively, reliably and verifiable the population`s level and quality of life. The main discovered disadvantage of existing methods is the use of the expert estimation method, which does not allow guaranteeing validity the weight of the criteria for estimation the quality of life indicator. Nevertheless, all authors admitted that today the role of the state rises in solving the most important social and economic problems, therefore, the task to increase the efficiency of the regions` functioning based on innovation activity becomes of key importance. The analysis of regional activity`s effectiveness considering the innovation component is the most important part of national administration. In the article the research of the question of multi-factor assessment and regional classification the quality of the country population`s life is carried out in the following logical sequence: theoretical analysis of categories of living standards and quality of life; development of the statistical indicators system at the regional level for assessing the quality of life of the population; distribution of the entire system of indicators for certain economic categories; receiving indexes for each region by each category; realization of regional clustering with the received system of indexes. The methodical tools of the research were general scientific methods: analysis (conducted analysis of definitions for concepts of the standard of living and quality of life); synthesis (combination of separate research methods into a unified methodology of regional differentiation by the quality of life); deduction (initially it is analyzed all the proposed systems of indicators in general, and then they are divided into economic categories); abstraction (separation of a significant indicators system for the implementation of regional differentiation in terms of innovation development of the living standard of the population from the entire statistical information), specification (revealing specific characteristics of the received categories and clusters); comparison (comparison of regions according to the indicators of the population`s life quality level), classification (grouping of individual indicators into economic categories); generalization (with the help of which conclusions were drawn). There were also used some special methods: cluster methods (the tree clustering method and k-means clustering of the regions of Ukraine by the basic indicators of population`s living standards), the method of the main components (for the development of regional indexes for each category). The research was carried out for the data of 2017 year as the last year, for which statistical information is available with most indicators in a regional context. The object of the study is Ukraine and its 24 regions. The city of Kyiv was highlighted as the capital. The article presents the results of the empirical analysis of the level and quality of population`s life indicators, which allowed to allocate five clusters and a set of indicators for regional differentiation. The study empirically confirms the presence of regional clusters in the category of living standards and theoretically proposes a methodology for its implementation in conditions of innovative development. The results of the study can be useful for analyzing various scenarios for the implementation of social policy aimed at financial and economic protection of the population ensuring. It was shown that for certain regions the quality of population`s life should be considered as a task of their innovative growth. (original abstract)
- Ayvazyan, S.A. (2012). Analysis of the Quality and Life Style of the Population. Central Economics and Mathematical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Moscow: Nauka [in Russian].
- Bell, D. (1999). Gryadushhee postyndustryalnoe obshhestvo. Opitsocyalnogo prognozyrovany. [The emerging post -industrial society. The Experience of Social Forecasting. Moscow: Academia. [In Russian]
- Canadian Index of Wellbeing. https://uwaterloo.ca/canadian-index-wellbeing. Retrieved from: https://uwaterloo.ca/canadian-index-wellbeing/our-products/domains
- Erikson, R. (1993). Descriptions of Inequality: The Swedish Approach to Welfare Research. In: M.Nussbaum, A.Sen (eds.), 1993.
- Fahey, T., Nolan, B. & Whelan, C. (2003). Monitoring quality of life in Europe, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, Publications of the European Communities, Luxembourg.
- Forrester, J. (1978). Myrovaya dynamyka.[World dynamics]. Moscow: Progress [In Russian].
- Galbraith, J.K. (1998). The Affluent Society. Rev. ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Gukalova, I.V. (2007). Potencial faktoriv vplyvunaumovy zhyttya i stannaselennya v regionax Ukrayiny. [Potential factors of influence on the conditions of life and status of the population in the regions of Ukraine].Chasopys socialnoekonomichnoy I geografiyi - Journal of Social and Economic Geography. Kharkov, 3, 176-184 [In Ukrainian].
- Herasymchuk, Z.V. (2002). Organizacijno-ekonomichnyj mexanizm formuvannyata realizaciyi strategiy i rozvytku regionu: Monografiya [Organizational and Economic Mechanism for the Formation and Implementation of the Regional Development Strategy: Monograph]. Lutsk: LDUU. [In Ukrainian].
- Karmazina, O.O. (2018). Dovkillya Ukrayiny za 2017 rik. Statystychnyj zbirnyk [Environment in Ukraine for the 2017 year. Statistical Compilation]. Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/11/zb_du2017.pdf) [In Ukrainian].
- Karmazina, O.O. (2018). Zaklady okhorony zdorovya tazakhvoryuvanistna selennya Ukrayiny` u 2017 roci. Statystychny zbirnyk. [Agencies of health care and population diseases in Ukraine in 2017 year. Statistical Collection].Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/06/zb_zoz_17.pdf) [In Ukrainian].
- Karmazina, O.O. (2018). Vyshhaosvita v Ukrayini u 2017 roci. Statystychny zbirnyk. [Higher education in Ukraine in 2017 year. Statistical Collection]. Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [In Ukrainian].
- Karmazina, O.O. (2018). Zagalnoosvitnita profesijno- tekhnichninavchalni zaklady Ukrayiny. Statystychnyj zbirnyk. [Secondary and vocational training establishments of Ukraine. Statistical Collection]. Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [In Ukrainian].
- Karmazina O.O. (2018). Naukovata innovacijna diyalnist Ukrayiny. Statystychnyj zbirnyk [Scientifican dinnovative activity of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/09/zb_nauka_2017.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Kelley-Gillespie, N. (2009). An Integrated Conceptual model of Quality of Life for Older Adults Based on a Synthesis of the Literature. Applied Research Quality Life. Vol. 3, 259- 282.
- Libanova, E.M., Gladun O.M. &Lisogor L.S. (2013).Measuring the quality of life in Ukraine, Analytical report. Kyiv.
- Local quality of life indicators - supporting local communities to become sustainable. A guide to local monitoring to complement the indicators in the UK.
- Government Sustainable Development Strategy. http://www.auditcommission.gov.uk/ Retrieved from: http://www.auditcommission.gov.uk/
- Mandybura, V.O. (1999). Rivenzhyt tyanaselen nyata mexanizmyj ogoregulyuvannya.[The level of life of the population and the mechanisms of its regulation]. Extended abstract of Doctor's thesis. Kyiv: NAS of Ukraine. [in Ukrainian]
- Melnychenko, O.A. (2008). Pidvyshhennya rivny atayakosti zhytty anaselennya: mexanizm derzhavnogo regulyuvannya: monografiya [Improving the Level and Quality of Life of the Population: the Mechanism of State Regulation: a monograph]. Kharkiv: KRI NAPA "Magister". [In Ukrainian]
- Osypova, I.I. (2018). Vytraty i resursy domogospodarstv Ukrayiny u 2017 roci. Statystychnyj zbirnyk. [The Costs and Resources of Households of Ukraine in 2017 year. Statistical Compilation]. Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/07/zb_vrdu2017_pdf.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Petkova, L.O. (2006). Teoretyko-metodologichni zasady ekonomichnogo zrostannya v Ukrayini: regionalni aspekty [Theoretical and Methodological Principles of Economic Growth in Ukraine: Regional Aspects]. Extended abstract of Doctor's thesis. Kyiv [In Ukrainian]
- Prystupa, Ye, Keurysh, N. (2010). Yakist `zhytty alyudyny: kategoriyi, komponenty tayihvy miryuvannya [Quality of Life of Humans, Category, Ingredients and their Measurement]. Fizychna aktyvnist, zdorov'ya i sport