Statistical Process Control and CAQ Systems as a Tools Assuring Quality in the Automotive Industry
The aim of the article is to present the case study of implementation of the example CAQ system, which allows to meet the requirements of IATF 16949:2016 and the VDA 6.1 standards in the field of statistical process control (SPC). The foundations of the CAQ systems concept and their specific requirements, especially for companies operating in the automotive industry, for which modern CAQ tools are necessary, in the described case based on the LEAN-QS program, are presented. The article presents the observations and results of the analysis of the operation of the quality assurance system in a company that is a supplier of car parts. One of the modules of the LEAN-QS program was implemented there, which makes it possible to meet the requirements of a certified quality management system. The effectiveness of the presented tool was demonstrated, allowing to meet industry requirements while minimizing resources necessary for supervision and proper implementation of the quality management system process, which in this case is the SPC. (original abstract)
- Azizi, A. (2015). Evaluation Improvement of Production Productivity Performance using Statistical Process Control, Overall Equipment Efficiency and Autonomous Maintenance. Procedia Manuf., vol. 2, pp. 186-190.
- Deming W.E. (2000). Out of the crisis. USA: MIT Press Ltd.
- EN ISO 9001:2015 (2015). Quality Management Systems - Requirements. Brussels: European Committee for Standardization.
- Hamrol, A. (2005). Quality management with examples, Warszawa: PWN.
- IATF 16949:2016. 2016. Quality management system requirements for automotive Production and relevant services parts organizations. USA: Automotive Industry Action Group.
- Kempa, W.M. (2011). Analysis of departure process in batch arrival queue with multiple vacations and exhaustive service. Commun. Stat. Theor. Methods 2011, 40, 2856-2865.
- Kent, R.(2017). Quality Management in Plastics Processing. Elsevier.
- Lean-Soft. LEAN-QS. Computer Aided Quality. http://www.lean-qs.com/pl/funkcje-systemu/[Accessed 28.03.2019].
- Lixandru, C. G. (2016). Supplier Quality Management for Component Introduction in the Automotive Industry. Procedia - Soc. Behav. Sci., vol. 221, pp. 423-432.
- Montgomery, D. C. (2012). Statistical Quality Control, 7th Edition. Wiley.
- Purushothama B. (2010). Effective Implementation of Quality Management Systems. India: Woodhead Publishing India.
- Reid, R.D. (2002). Purchaser and supplier quality - Going beyond ISO 9001, QS-9000 and TS 16949. Quality Progress 35/8 (2002) 81.