Investigating Top Management Preparedness for Leading IT Governance During the Coronavirus Crisis
This paper aims to examine the extent to which top management strategically thinks so that their organizations are completely ready to carry on being well-functioning in all business aspects during the periods of unpredictability or crisis. We mainly focus on testing the impact of a set of mechanisms, representing some preparedness measures, on the ITG maturity of the surveyed organizations in Lebanon. The empirical findings of the conducted survey reveal that the major enablers of effective ITG leadership under crisis are "Periodic communication of ITG mechanisms" and "Tested crisis communication plan" while five other factors have moderate influence and one factor has little influence. (original abstract)
- British Standards Institution. (2014). BS11200:2014 Crisis Management - Guidance and Good Practice.
- Deloitte Global Center for Corporate Governance. (2019). https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/risk/deloitte-uk-riskglobal-on-the-boards-agenda-crisis-management.pdf
- Hayes, A. (2019). Crisis Management. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/crisismanagement.asp
- Yasushi, S. (2015). ICT-supported collaborative decision processes in extreme events: a comparative study. https://ethos.bl.uk/OrderDetails.do?uin=uk.bl.ethos.644526.
- Johnson, M. W., & Suskewicz, J. (2020). Leaders, do you have a clear vision for the post-crisis future? https://hbr.org/2020/04/leaders-do-you-have-a-clear-vision-for-the-post-crisisfuture
- Kanter, R. M. (2020). Leading Your Team past the Peak of a Crisis. https://hbr.org/2020/04/leading-your-team-past-the-peak-of-a-crisis
- McNulty, E. J., & Marcus, L. (2020). Are you leading through the crisis... or Managing the response? https://hbr.org/2020/03/are-you-leading-through-the-crisis-or-managing-theresponse
- Mehta, R. (2019). How can ICT help in disaster preparedness and response? https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/technology/597329-how-can-ict-help-in-disasterpreparedness-and-response
- Nasr, F., & Zhen, T. (2017). International Journal of u- and e-Service, Science and Technology, 10(3), 67-82. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ijunesst.2017.10.3.07
- Pierri, N., & Timmer, Y. (2020). Tech in Fin before FinTech: The importance of technology in banking during a crisis. VOX, CEPR Policy Portal. https://voxeu.org/article/importancetechnology-banking-during-crisis
- Raki, N., & Abderraouf, G. (2018). Role of Communication and technology in crisis management. European Journal of Formal Sciences and Engineering, doi:10.26417/ejfe.v1i2.p39-44
- Reeves, M., Fæste, L., Chen, C., Carlsson-Szlezak, P., & Whitaker, K. (2020). How Chinese companies have responded to coronavirus. https://hbr.org/2020/03/how-chinesecompanies-have-responded-to-coronavirus
- Salameh, C. (2019). Crisis Management: 10 Simple Steps to Survive the Crisis & Thrive Afterward. https://berytech.org/crisis-management-10-simple-steps-for-allentrepreneurs/
- Smeureanu, I. & Diab, B., 2020. Investigating the impact of organizational culture on information technology governance. BASIQ International Conference 2020.
- Taliawi, O. G., & Wal, Z. (2020). Three lessons in crisis governance for the age of coronavirus. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/a-guide-to-crisis-governance-in-the-age-ofcoronavirus/
- Tim, Y., Pan, S. L., Ractham, P., & Kaewkitipong, L. (2017). Digitally enabled disaster response: the emergence of social media as boundary objects in a flooding disaster. Information Systems Journal, 27(2), 197-232.