2020 | z. 146 Competitiveness and Development of Regions in the Context of European Integration and Globalization. State - Trends -Strategies | 199--206
Assessment of the Opportunities for Development of a Faculty in an Academic and Scientific Unit
Purpose: The purpose of the article is to analyze the strengths and weaknesses as well as opportunities and threats of the scientific unit (Faculty) and assess the development possibilities of this unit. Design/methodology/approach: The main research problem undertaken concerns the analysis of the Faculty's Development Strategy based on the main source document which is the Faculty's Development Strategy for 2012-2020. Based on a specific research problem, the following hypotheses were formulated: effective management of the Faculty's operation influences the achievement of the set goal of the Faculty's development, efficient monitoring of the Department's strategy allows the organization to operate effectively, a properly prepared strategy should be based on the correct recognition of the potential of the organization and the environment. Findings: The analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats has allowed us to verify hypotheses and identify problems that the Unit may face in the future. Research limitations/implications: Based on the analysis of the Faculty's interior and surroundings, it should be stated that the Faculty's Development Strategy should be evaluated in the near future. A strategy monitoring system should also be developed taking into account the results obtained. Practical implications: The recommendation is to develop a staff development strategy, which may contribute to accelerating the independence of the Faculty and, consequently, to obtain doctoral rights. Originality/value: The article can be used by the Faculty authorities as a recommendation regarding the implementation of the Strategy and in making key strategic decisions. (original abstract)
- 1. Andrew, K. (1971). The Concept of Corporate Strategy. Homewood: Dow Jones-Irvin.
- 2. Gierszewska, G., Romanowska, M. (2003). Analiza strategiczna przedsiębiorstwa. Warszawa: PWE.
- 3. Griffin, R.W. (1998). Podstawy zarządzania organizacjami. Warszawa: PWN.
- 4. Koźmiński, A.K., Jemielniak, D. (2008). Zarządzanie od podstaw. Warszawa: WAiP.
- 5. Pierścionek, Z. (2003). Strategie konkurencji i rozwoju przedsiębiorstwa. PWN.
- 6. Samuelson, P., Nordhaus, W.D. (1995). Ekonomia. Warszawa: PWN.
- 7. Strategia Rozwoju Wydziału na lata 2012-2020.