Analytic Method for Decision Support of Blockchain Technology Supplier Selection in Industry 4.0 Era
The article presents the issues covering the modern methods of securing data in both manufacturing processes and companies within the concept of Industry 4.0. In this approach, research problems arose how to implement the right method of secure data sending in sales, manufacturing and distribution processes. It is a very important issue for manufacturing companies as well as how the process of sending electronic data should be safely conducted. While current researches concentrated on the method of blockchain secured electronic documents, there is almost no research concentrating on blockchain integrator selection criteria. The main purpose of this paper is to provide a decision assistance model based on multiple criteria decision analysis technique. Also, mutual relationships between parameters for the assessment of integrators are established. In the article, a Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) was used to assess these characteristics. The Decision Making Trial and Evaluation Laboratory (DEMATEL) technique was chosen for this assessment. (original abstract)
- Aheleroff, S., Xu, X., Lu, Y., Aristizabal, M. and Valencia, Y. (2020). IoT-enabled smart appliances under industry 4.0: A case study. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 43, 101043.
- Bai, C., Dallasega, P., Orzes, G., and Sarkis, J. (2020). Industry 4.0 technologies assessment: A sustainability perspective. International Journal of Production Economics, 229, 107776.
- Helo, P. and Hao, Y. (2019). Blockchains in operations and supply chains: A model and reference implementation. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 136, pp. 242-251.
- Corallo, A., Lazoi, M. and Lezzi, M. (2020). Cybersecurity in the context of industry 4.0: A structured classification of critical assets and business impacts. Computers in Industry, 114, 103165.
- Du, Y.-W. and Zhou, W. (2019). New improved DEMATEL method based on both subjective experience and objective data. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 83, pp. 57-71.
- Frizzo-Barker, J., Chow-White, P.A., Adams, P.R., Mentanko, J., Ha, H. and Green, S. (2020). Blockchain as a disruptive technology for business: A systematic review. International Journal of Information Management, 51, 102029.
- Gabus, A. and Fontela, E. (1972). World problems, an invitation to further thought within the framework of DEMATEL. Geneva: Battelle Geneva Research Center.
- Koh, L., Dolgui, A. and Sarkis, J. (2020). Blockchain in transport and logistics - paradigms and transitions. International Journal of Production Research, 58(7), pp. 2054-2062.
- Lee, J., Azamfar, M. and Singh, J. (2019). A blockchain enabled Cyber-Physical System architecture for Industry 4.0 manufacturing systems. Manufacturing Letters, 20, pp. 34-39.
- Liu, X.L., Wang, W.M., Guo, H., Barenji, A.V., Li, Z. and Huang, G.G. (2020). Industrial blockchain based framework for product lifecycle management in industry 4.0. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 63(1), 101897.
- Reyna, A., Martín, C., Chen, J., Soler, E. and Díaz, M. (2018). On blockchain and its integration with IoT. Challenges and opportunities. Future Generation Computer Systems, 88, pp. 173-190.
- Wang, B., Sun, J., He, Y., Pang, D. and Lu, N. (2018). Large-scale Election Based On Blockchain. Procedia Computer Science, 129, pp. 234-237.
- Yadav, S., and Singh, S.P. (2020). Blockchain critical success factors for sustainable supply chain. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 152, 104505.