Risk Level Analysis in the Selected (Initial) Stage of the Project Life Cycle
This paper focuses on the analysis of selected risks as part of investments in the power engineering at the initial (tender) stage of the life cycle in the context of the method of project management by the Contractor. The study was carried out on the basis of an analysis of over 500 tenders in the power engineering, from the last 5 years, taking into account future forecast data. The analysis carried out in this article was aimed at achieving specific and unique goals and results aimed at creating a useful product, which is the Contractor's offer in the power engineering, taking into account the most significant risks. The result of this article is to support the project team in implementing risk management in the project at the tender stage. For this purpose, the risks with their basic parameters were defined, which allowed for the development of a risk matrix taking into account the data obtained in the tender procedures of leading electric power distributors. Based on the proposed risk quantification criteria, a list of remedial actions was prepared for all risk types listed in this article. In addition, the aspects of possible elimination/reduction of the impact of the most significant risks that occur at the analyzed stage of the investment life cycle were developed. (original abstract)
- Qazi A., Quigley J., Dickson A., Kirytopoulos K., (2016), Project Complexity and Risk Management (ProCRiM): Towards modelling project complexity driven risk paths in construction projects, International Journal of Project Management, 34, 7, 1183- 1198, 2016.
- Brodetsky G.L., Gusev D.A., Elin E.A., Logistics risk management, Akademia, Moscow, 2010.
- Chapman R.J., Simple tools and techniques for enterprise risk management, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- Fewings P., Henjewele Ch., Construction project management: An integrated approach, Routledge, New York, 2019.
- Cox A.W., Ireland P., Townsend M., Managing in Construction Supply Chains and Markets: Reactive and Proactive, Thomas Telford, 2006.
- Dubois A., The construction industry as a loosely coupled system: implications for productivity and innovation, Dubois A., Gadde L-E., Construction Management and Economics, 20, 7, 621-631, 2002.
- Easton G., Industrial networks: A new view of reality, Axelsson B., Easton G., Routledge, London, 1992.
- International standard. Risk management - principles and guidelines: ISO 31000, Geneva, 2009.
- Chapman R.J., The rules of project risk management, London: Routledge, 2019.
- Iqbal S., Choudhry R., Holschemacher K., Ali A., Tamosaitiene J., Risk management in construction projects, Technological and Economic Development of Economy, 21, 65-78, 2015.
- Rauzana A., Analysis of causes of delay and time performance in construction projects, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 13, 116-121, 2016.
- Velásquez R.M.A., Lara J.V.M., Methodology for overhead line conductor remaining life aging infrastructure and asset management, 2018 IEEE PES Transmission & Distribution Conference and Exhibition - Latin America (T&D-LA), Lima, Peru, 2018.
- Hermanová L., Hanak T., An empirical analysis of overhead cost management in the Czech construction industry, Technical Journal, 11, 216-220, 2017.
- Romanowska M., Podejmowanie decyzji w organizacji, [in:] Podstawy Zarzadzania, Struzycki M. [Ed.], Wyd. SGH, Warszawa, p. 123, 2014.
- Diéguez A., Sanchez-Cazorla A., Alfalla-Luque R., Risk management in megaprojects, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 119, 407-416, 2014.
- Widianti U., Harihayati T., Sufaatin S., Risk project management analysis, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018.
- Borecki M., A Proposed new approach for the assessment of selected operating conditions of the high voltage cable line, Energies, 13, 5275, 1-15, 2020.
- Borecki M., Ciuba M., Kharchenko Y., Khanas Y., Substation reliability evaluation in the context of the stability prediction of power grids, Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci., 68, 769-776, 2020.
- Borecki M., Starzynski J., Selected aspects of numerical models and cost comparison analysis of surge protection device, Progress in Applied Electrical Engineering (PAEE), pp. 1-4, 2017.
- Dykstra A., Construction Project Management: A complete introduction, Kirshner Publishing Company, p. 457, 2018.
- Harker K., High voltage power network construction, Institution of Engineering & Technology, p. 765, 2018.
- Meng X., Lean management in the context of construction supply chains, International Journal of Production Research, 57, 11, 3784-3798, 2019.
- Abderisak A., Josephson P.-E., Lindahl G., Aggregation of factors causing cost overruns and time delays in large public construction projects: Trends and implications, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 2017.
- Loosemore M., Raftery J., Reilly C., Higgon D., Risk management in projects, Risk Management in Projects, Second Edition, p. 1-268, 2012.